25 July, 2010

Naked Burritos!

Ask your children to leave the room because these burritos gots no clothes!

NAKED OLE!

If you dumped out a Chipotle burrito like a burlap sack this is what you’d get a bowl of. . . except my rice is better.

The topping is essentially the same as the taco-tater recipe (plus beans) but the rice is what makes this meal truly great. I shall pass it on to you because I feel a need to share it. This recipe is supped to make four servings but I don’t know who could eat that much rice at once. Really this makes 6-8 servings in my opinion. . .maybe even more.

Coconut Herb Rice

2T olive oil
2 3/4c jasmine or basmati rice
3c coconut milk
1t salt
1 bay leaf
2T cilantro, minced
2T mint, minced
2 green chilies, seeded and minced
the juice of 1-3 fresh limes (I like mine REALLY limey)

1. soak the rice in water for 1 hour. drain and rinse.

2. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the rice and sauté until translucent.

3. Add the coconut milk, salt, and bay leaf and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has absorbed.

4. Put a tight-fitting lid on the pot, turn the heat to its lowest setting and cook for 10 more minutes.

5. pull out the bay leaf and gently fold in the herbs and lime juice.

 

This rice is SUPER good. So good, in fact that I’m using it for naked burritos today AND I’m making a tofu stir fry with peanut sauce to have on it later this week! YEAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment