24 July, 2010

Nearly Raw Tahini Noodles from Vegan Yum Yum

As the title states, this is a picture of the Nearly Raw Tahini Noodles from Vegan Yum Yum. If you haven’t picked up this cook book yet, I highly recommend that you do with haste! These recipes can stand up to the most biased of omnivorous palettes. For instance, this cool, creamy dish was really a delight on one of the hottest days of the year. The only heat applied was to boil the noodles and I didn’t have to stand there and roast the whole time, thank goodness. Also, I used udon noodles instead of fettuccini or whatever the recipe calls for so they only took 3 minutes to cook instead of the usual 8-10. I made one other change as well, instead of the regular green cabbage this recipe calls for, I used a small nappa cabbage which I like much better for its delicate texture and frizzy appearance. This would be a great dish to take to a picnic or potluck as it doesn’t have anything that is overly temperature sensitive and it’s meant to be served cool or at room temp. I can hardly wait to have it for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment