25 July, 2010

Thoroughly Satisfying

Sunday morning. The heat is finally broken after a fabulous rain. The sun is out and the world feels  a little more peaceful up here in the tree house.

The big question was what to have for breakfast.

Mr. Crow ate some eggs on toast about 2 hours ago and I was still left without a clue.

I contemplated a smoothie, my usual choice, but the blender was still in need of washing so I nixed that right off.

Do I have waffles? No, I really want something fresh.

Fruit on waffles? No, I don’t really want any grain right now.

What to do, what to do. . .

Then, suddenly, it came to me! I’d seen a recipe for a salad recently that sounded too good to pass up. I checked the clock, because, for some reason, I didn’t want to eat this too early.

How totally fresh does this look!?

Ho-kay! Now that you’re tempted, here’s the recipe:

1 avocado, sliced
6 strawberries, sliced
2t lemon juice
2t balsamic vinegar
black pepper

1. Put the strawberries and avocado in a bowl.
2. Drizzle the vinegar and lemon juice over everything.
3. Toss gently.
4. Sprinkle fresh black pepper over it.

Shove this in in your face right now for it is the BEST THING EVAAAARRRRRR!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious my dear! I took a bit of your cooking mojo this week and made my own oven-dried tomatoes.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm always happy to share my mojo with you :-D

    ReplyDelete