09 April, 2010

Pizza Night – A Departure

We have a pizza night fairly often in our household. Usually it’s a simple “cheese” and sauce affair with the occasional “pepperoni”. Nothing special. recently, however I was reminded of a pizza that my mom used to make. It had seasoned ricotta cheese, sausage, and sautéed onions. I figured it would be an easy conversion and it was!

I used the pizza dough, tempeh sausage, and basil ricotta recipes from Vegan With A Vengeance. I made the toppings ahead of time so this came together really fast once the dough was done. All you need to do is follow the recipes. Once the dough is in the pan, Brush the crust with olive oil, sprinkle some pizza seasoning, dollop on the ricotta, toss on the sausage, spread the onions around, and top with some mozzarella “cheese”. You really only need half a recipe of the sausage and ricotta for the full dough recipe and I made a large sheet pizza (14x9 I think). I baked mine for 12 minutes at 450 degrees (F) but every oven is different so check it after 10.

Tempting, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment