That’s what we had for dinner and it was so good!
It’s day. . . something on “clean-out-your-fridge-freezer-and-pantry-week” here at the Crow household. At this point I don’t have much to go on but this turned out just fine in my opinion. I even had some bellini left in my fridge to go with it! This dish was really quick and easy- about 1/2 an hour – and it was really light and refreshing on a hot summer night. Thank goodness. And, lat’s face it, who doesn’t have that lonely half-bag of frozen peas to get rid of?
2T Earth Balance
1 small onion, chopped fine
1c aborio rice
1/4 c vino verde
3c vegetable stock
1T dried parsley
1t dried oregano
1t dried basil
1c frozen peas
1T lemon juice
1. Melt the earth balance in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat while warming the stock in another pan on low.
2. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and sweat the onion until soft.
3. Add the rice and stir, cooking for 1 minute.
4. Add the wine and stir.
5. Once the wine has absorbed into the rice, add a ladleful of broth to the rice and stir. Repeat adding the broth as the rice wants it until there's only about one ladle of broth left.
6. At this point, add the herbs, nooch, peas, lemon juice, and the last bit of broth. Stir.
7. Turn off the heat and put a lid on the pot for a minute or two. Give it one final stir and it's ready to go. Serve it with extra nooch and black pepper!